Placing a CMS Block with a Frontend App
Frontend apps let you position CMS blocks without writing any code, on most pages of your store. You can use this process to place a block on a specific category or product page, and on other generic pages. You can also use a frontend app to place a block on all existing CMS pages as a group, or specifically on the Home page or CMS No-Route page. However, to place a block on any other CMS page, you must by enter the layout update as XML code.
To place a block:
- From the Admin panel, select CMS > Frontend Apps.
- Click the Add New Frontend App Instance button.
- In the Settings section, set the Type list to “CMS Static Block.” Then, click the Continue button.
Frontend App Type
- In the Frontend Properties section, do the following:
- Enter a descriptive Frontend App Instance Title. The title is for internal reference and is not visible to customers in your store.
- (Optional) Enter a number to determine the order of this block in relation to other blocks in the same column. To position the block at the top of the column, enter “0.”
- Set Assign to Store Views to the view where you want the block to be visible.
- In the Layout Updates section, click the Add Layout Update button. Then, do the following:
- In the Display On field, select the page where you want to block to appear.
- Set Block Reference to the position on the page where you want the block to appear.
- In the panel on the left, select Frontend App Options. Then, do the following:
- Click the Select Block button.
- In the list, click to select the block you want to place.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.